Report to be published in November 2015
The aim of this research was to better understand the issue of female genital mutilation (FGM) locally. We wanted to find out about attitudes but also more about who are the most influential on determining whether FGM is carried out, where it is carried out, and if women and girls are wanting support and what kind of support. We also want to find out what they think should be done to tackle issue e.g. What MWNUK and statutory bodies should be doing etc? Through the engagement, we also wanted to try and identify community champions on this issue
- For advice please visit our website : http://www.mwnuk.co.uk
- Please see our mission statement here: http://www.mwnuk.co.uk/mission.php
- For help please refer to our helpline website: http://mwnhelpline.co.uk or contact us 0303 999 5786 or 0800 999 5786
- We provide Front line Professional Training to Teaching staff and students on FGM.
- FGM – Affected Communities in Birmingham